In case you haven’t been convinced yet here are just a few more things to help you make the decision to have a magical destination wedding in the Caribbean or Mexico.
1. Before you even get married you’re already on your honeymoon.
2. You’ll have a golden tan before the ceremony.
3. Your wedding cake is made with rum.
4. You can have a second reception when you get home to show off all over again.
5. Your fiance’s cheap Aunt Esther who always refers to you as the “Chunky Bride” won’t shell out a little extra for the trip so she’ll just have to watch the webcast. Darn.
6. No shoes required. You can get married barefoot on a beach with the waves hitting your ankles.
7. No-one’s ever heard of the Chicken Dance.
8. The weather may be too warm to wear your great-grandmother’s astoundingly heavy brocade and beaded wedding dress she so wanted you to wear some day, bless her heart.
9. There’s no need for a band. The sound of the waves is music to your ears!
10. You will have the most amazing wedding photos of all your friends!