The United States Virgin Islands is part of the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean. The three principal islands – St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas – are magnificent tropical environments, each distinguished by its own personality.
English is the primary spoken language, but Spanish and Creole are also heard throughout the three islands. Many locals speak in a distinct dialect, as a result of the French, Danish and Spanish influence on the destination.
The U.S. Virgin Islands offers year-round warm temperatures with averages of 77°F (25°C) in winter and 82°F (28°C) in summer.
For more information visit the US Virgin Islands Tourist Board: www.visitusvi.com
Events & Festivals
January: The Love City Live Music Festival
March: St. Thomas International Rolex Regatta
April: A Taste of St. Croix
April-May: Carnival events
July: The Governor’s Cup Boy Scouts Golf Tournament
October: The Hispanic Heritage Fiesta
November: Horse Racing Doc James Racetracks
November: Paradise Jam
December: Funny Cars Invitations and Miss St. Croix Beauty pageant
• Completed Marriage License Application Form, using full names and no abbreviations. Document will be notarized by Virgin Islands court.
• Court Certified Copies of a Divorce or Death Certificate (if applicable).
• A $200 money order or certified cashier’s check, payable to the Territorial Court of the V.I.
• A letter to the court explaining your arrival and departure date to the island, date and location of Allow two to three weeks for the certified copy of the license to arrive at your home address. On the day of your wedding, you receive a signed copy of your marriage license for your records. However, your marriage is not legal until the courthouse certifies the document
* We try to keep this info as current as possible so please contact the local tourism office for any changes