Imagine an island that has set aside more than a quarter of its land as a National Park, with a rain forest that is actually expanding in size rather than shrinking. This is St. Kitts. An island surrounded by new and untouched dive sites, marked by massive beds of coral, teeming with fish of every stripe and color.
Here you will be surrounded by wildlife, from chattering gray-green monkeys and scurrying families of mongoose, to roaming cows, goats, and black-bellied sheep.
Here you can drive or hike through the Valley of Giants, zip line over the rainforest or climb up to sit yourself in the cradle of Sofa Rock, once the very cap of a still smoldering volcano that you can climb to the very edge of, then be guided down 1000 feet to its steaming crater floor.
There’s really no bad time to go to St Kitts and Nevis. The hot Caribbean summer contrasts with cool low-season deals at the resorts.
Winter days average a temperature of 81°F (27°C) while summers shoot up to a still respectable 86°F (30°C).
For more Information visit www.stkittstourism.kn
Events & Festivals
January: St.Kitts Nevis Carnival
January: Admiral’s Cup Pro-Am Golf Tournament
March-April: Annual Nevis to St.Kitts Cross Channel Swim
July: Nevis Culturama Festival
September: Independence Super Concert
November: Shadorama Festival
December: J’Ouvert (Dancing through the streets of the capital city of Basseterre)
- Original or certified copy of their birth certificates.
- An affidavit confirming single status if a party has never been married before.
- If a party is divorced, a decree absolute (an original or certified copy showing the court’s stamp or seal) must be presented.
- If a party is widowed, a copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse must be presented.
- If documents are not in English they must be accompanied by a notarized translation.
- The license fee for getting married on St. Kitts is $200.00 (XCD).
* We try to keep this info as current as possible so please contact the local tourism office for any changes.
Top 5 Things to See and Do in St. Kitts and Nevis
1. Skydive in Frigate Bay
2. Bloody Point west of Basseterre on Old Road
3. Visit the Petroglyphs, adjacent to Romney Mano
4. Visit Mount Liamuiga and Black Rocks
5. Explore Rainforest