Consider this: 37 World Heritage Sites, Cuisine as World Heritage, 3,000 years of history, 40,000+ archaeological sites, Over 62 indigenous groups and dialects, 14 AAA – 5 diamond hotels, 623,000 hotel rooms, 50 world class golf courses, 174 natural protected areas, 4 World Heritage natural areas, Number Two in luxury travel and First place in SPAS, just following the USA with most number of spas.
Mexico is the top international country for a destination wedding from the US market. A first important reason is that connectivity from the US, Europe and Latin America is surprisingly efficient.
Other important factors are Mexico’s natural beauty with milliard perfect scenarios for picture perfect weddings: its history and cultural diversity, the existence of high quality infrastructure and services, capable of pleasing the most demanding, authentic or extravagant taste.
Mexico offers a perfect and convenient setting for all stages of your romantic life. Romantic trips with great dinning and exciting activities are offer all year round. Mexico can also provide thousand ideas and settings to create an original proposal event and, once you have decided to tight the knot, to make all arrangements for your wedding destinations and a honeymoon full of memories for a lifetime.
Explore what Mexico has to offer to you as a couple. You will be surprised to find all the options that Mexican destinations have to offer.
Mexico has tropical forests, dry deserts, fertile valleys and snow-capped mountains. Since Mexico’s terrain is extremely varied, so is the weather. On the coast the climate is generally balmy year-round, but some months are rainy and others dry, and Mexico City can have days that are quite chilly, and nights that are downright frigid.
For more information visit: www.visitmexico.com
Events & Festivals
February: Carnaval in Veracruz & Mazatlán
April-May: Holy Week
April: Annual Mexico City Festival
April: Annual Newport Beach to Ensenada International Yacht Race
October: Morelia International Film Festival
October: Day of the Dead
October: Festival Internacional Cervantino
• Original and copy of Birth Certificates annotated (Apostil) and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language (the Mexican Consulate might have a list of certified translators).
• Valid passports for both contracting parties, which must be valid for the time they will be staying in Mexico to avoid any inconvenience.
• Permission from the Secretary of the Office of Immigration
• Prenuptial clinical analyses of both parties for VDRL, HIV and RH. That must be done in Mexico the results are valid for 15 days.
• If either Bride or Groom is widowed or divorced, a copy of the certificate to that effect, also annotated (Apostil) and translated by an authorized translator certified in the Spanish language.
• Original and copy of official photo identification for two witnesses per contracting party.
• Immigration permit.
• Copy of payment of permit fees to the bank.
• Copy of legal immigration status: Tourist (Tourist card), FM3, FM2.
• Application and official oath of truthfulness.
• Prior reservations must be made and all documents presented 4 days before the reserved date, with the application form properly completed, either typed or hand printed.
* We try to keep this info as current as possible so please contact the local tourism
office for any changes
Top 5 Things to See and Do in Mexico
1. Visit the Mayan ruins
2. Whale watching in Riviera Nayarit
4. Experience the UNESCO Town San Miguel Allende
5. Experience Mexico City
Start Planning Today!
Find a wedding vendor in Mexico
Get inspired with real destination weddings in the Caribbean
Ready to book? Chat with our preferred destination wedding specialist.