If you’re planning a honeymoon in the Caribbean, don’t overlook St. Maarten. With an amazing mix of French and Dutch culture, the island has everything from delicious restaurants (fancy and roadside), unbelievable beaches, amazing nightlife and intimate accommodations.
Here are just eight of our favourite spots on the island and a handy little map to help you find your way!
- Lunch on the beach at Grand Case
Fresh salads, cold beers and “fat boys” (bean bag chairs for the beach) at Love Hotel
- Laid back night out at Calmos Café in Grand Case
- Hiking from Friar Bay to the more secluded (and mostly nude as it turned out) Happy Bay beach
- Sunset drinks and snacks at Karakter Beach Bar
- Dancing under the stars at Bliss Night Club
- Saucy chicken & ribs and equally saucy people watching at The Buccaneer Bar
- Private Villa rental in Pelican Bay
Villa Incognito is a luxury hideaway with an oceanside pool and BBQ
- Meeting the real Johnny at Johnny b under the tree
Best BBQ joint on the island
About the Author:
Andrea is a world traveler and the founder of SmartBrideBoutique.com, a website where brides can buy, sell and save on all things wedding.