St. Vincent and the Grenadines, part of the Windward Islands, are located at 13° 15 N, 61° 12 W. St. Vincent is the largest of the more than 30 islands that comprise the nation, covering roughly 390 sq. km (150 sq. miles).
The Grenadines extend 72 km (45 miles) to the southwest, like a kite’s tail. The major islands, north to south, are Young Island, Bequia, Mustique, Canouan, Mayreau, Union Island, Palm Island, and Petit St. Vincent.
St. Vincent has a mountainous interior, having La Soufriere, an active volcano in the north rising to 1,220 m (4,000 ft.) as its highest point, and a sheltered and indented coastline on the Leeward coast.
The national currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar and the exchange rate is tied to the US dollar at a rate of $2.68.
The average yearly temperature is 27° C (81° F). The coolest months are between November and February.
For more information visit: www.discoversvg.com
Events & Festivals
January: Bequia's Music Festival
January: Mustique's Blues Festival
March - April: Easter Regatta and Easterval
May: Mayreau and Canouan's Regatta
June-July: Vincy Mas
- A valid passport
- Divorce decree (if applicable)
- Death certificate (if applicable)
- Visitors must be resident in St. Vincent & The Grenadines for at least one full day prior to the wedding ceremony.
- A marriage license must be obtained from the Attorney General’s office at the Ministry of Justice in St Vincent, in person.
- The marriage ceremony must be performed by an official marriage officer, a priest, or a minister registered in St. Vincent.
- The cost of a marriage license is EC$500 (US $185).
- Additional costs include EC$15 in stamps for the marriage license and EC$5 in stamps for the application form.
* We try to keep this info as current as possible so please contact the local tourism office for any changes.
Top 5 Things to See and Do in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
1. Visit Dark View Falls
2. Go Kitesurfing
3. Visit The Tobago Cays Marine Park
4. Visit Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary in Park Bay
5. Sail the Grenadines
Start Planning Today!
Find a wedding vendor in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Get inspired with real destination weddings in the Caribbean
Ready to book? Chat with our preferred destination wedding specialist.