11 Reasons to Honeymoon in Curacao
Are you looking for a destination for your honeymoon? Look no further as Curacao has everything you will need to make it romantic and memorable. Here is our list of reasons you will love Curacao.
1. Diving Paradise- Curacao offers some of the best diving in the world. Our spectacular dive locations provide some of the most colorful and awe inspiring scenes imaginable.
2. Historic Port Capital- A visit to Willemstad brings you Old World charm and contemporary culture. This lively city's dynamic architecture, activities, and neighborhoods shape the island's historic center.
3. Vibrant Architecture- Curacao's rich history comes alive in the stunning architecture to be seen all across the island, especially in its capital city, Willemstad.
4. Colorful History- Curacao's ethnic inhabitants -- the Arawak, Dutch, Spanish, West Indian, Latin, and African -- have created a rich heritage and thriving culture.
5. European Flavor- The Dutch influence on Curacao is as omnipresent as the centuries-old colonial buildings.
6. African Heritage- African culture beats like a proud and festive heart throughout the island of Curacao.
7. Jewish Culture- From the time they first arrived seeking a haven from persecution, Curacao's small, Jewish community has had an extraordinary impact on the island's economy, politics, and culture.
8. Vibrant Art Scene- Curacao is proud to host many painters and talented artists. Learn more about these photographers, sculptors, and designers.
9. Weather & Scenery- Located in the tropics, just 12° north of the Equator, Curacao has a warm, sunny climate year round. The average temperature is about 27° C (in the mid 80s F).
10. Carnival! Dancing and Music!- It's one of the largest and longest-lasting Carnival spectacles of the Caribbean, starting in early January, and ending late February/ March.
11. Friendly and Laidback- With exceptional gay-friendly hotels and attractions, we invite gay and lesbian travelers to visit and experience our 'live and let live' atmosphere for themselves.